Yah! It's my birthday!

To God be the Glory. Days like today, words fail me. I am always in lack of words to express my feelings. Lol! So, the best I can do here is to thank the Almighty God for his love and benevolence to me. My parents named me Chibuzor (meaning God-First), and I have realized that God has always been first in championing my affairs. Oluwa ese gon. Adupe Baba!
I must doff my cap for my parents whose conjugal bliss and maybe countless number of 'romantic cuddling' is what we are Celebrating today. Lol! My parents taught me the virtues of selflessness and service to humanity. From them, I learned the virtues of integrity, perseverance, hard work etc. My parents had such an unflinching courage and conviction that I belong to the academia, even in those 'dark age' when it seemed my lofty ambitions have been truncated.

It's my birthday and I am sure, my wonderful siblings, their wives and husband, not forgetting my nephews and nieces, including my cousins are all happy for me.
I love my friends, especially, my Trendy Gist Blogazine family. The continuous support and patronage of my readers is second to none. Now, you can understand why I don't joke with them.
It's been a memorable year with my employers, colleagues and students. Perhaps without realizing it, these students have somtimes been, in turn, my teachers. I am thankful to them.

Finally, as par walking down the aisle with the bone of my bone....I mean my sweetheart. Lol! I believe in the saying in our local parlance: Ogechi kanma. (God's time is the time) Lol! Interestingly, I am not even the next in line in the family. Again, my mama talk am say, I Neva reach! Lol! So you can imagine my situation. Lol!
Happily, I am marking today's birthday with my Twinny of life, Dr. Bassey Ikemesit. May God continue to bless us beyond our imaginations in our various areas of endeavour. Amen!
What else can I say.....Happy birthday Gisty!

Share on Google Plus

About TRENDY

Shift from the Memorization of Facts to the Understanding of Principles.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment