“Juggling Studies with Pageantry has not been Easy…” Miss UNIPORT, Chinwe Onwuli Confesses

 In an exclusive interview with me (Trendy Gist Blog), Chinwe Onwuli, the current winner of Miss Uniport 2015 beauty pageant, talks about her experience and what she hopes to achieve with her title.
Interestingly, the Etche born beauty Queen explained that her participation in this year’s Miss UNIPORT beauty pageant was to prove to pundits that the Etche ethnic group, whom she said, people don’t really regard, are not pushovers in Rivers state.
Read the interview she granted to us after the cut…

  
·         Could you please introduce yourself to us for the sake of this exclusive interview
My name is Miss Chinwe Johnson Onwuli…a final year student of the department of Accounting, faculty of Education, University of Port Harcourt. Currently, I am the Miss UNIPORT 2015 by the grace of God.

·         How was growing up…as in your childhood experience?
Growing up was a wonderful experience because I was practically brought up by my grandmother, a Jehovah Witness, with very high moral values. She was strict to a fault and therefore gave my siblings and myself, a very sound upbringing. My parents thought it would be a good idea to leave us with her though, they provided everything we needed, reasons being that she stayed at a location where good schools were at the moment. 
  

·         How did you emerge Miss UNIPORT? How comes the idea of contesting for the crown?
Yea! The contest was a very challenging one with so many other beautiful girls from various faculties, I had to work very hard and at the end God crowned my effort. I have a lot of reasons why I contested, Firstly, was because I was the Queen of my Faculty and as such had to represent my faculty. The second reason is that I come from (Etche) a part of Rivers state where people look down on. They say we are like the Fulani part of Nigeria because my people are nowhere to be found in politics, entertainment, etc. So I took it upon myself to become something one could be proud of.


·         Was Miss UNIPORT contest your first experience of participating in a beauty contest, and if it was, what are the qualities that helped you to win?
Like I earlier mentioned, I was a faculty queen and during that contest somebody told me that I had a powerful and very possessive smile.

·         How does it feel to be crowned winner?
It feels awesome though it requires a lot of responsibilities. It means that a lot of people are watching you and some perhaps look up to you as a role model.  

·         What pet project are you embarking on?
I have a number of projects which I plan to achieve through my foundation…”Happy Life Foundation”, a youth development foundation that gives all students a platform for self realization through our leadership and entrepreneurial programs.

·         How do you juggle pageantry with your academics?
Well combining both hasn’t been easy but I must give God thanks for his grace. I just have to strike a balance between both, having in mind that academics was what brought me to Uniport in the first place.
·         How would you describe your style? And if I may ask, how do you keep fit?
In one word…simple! And as for keeping fit, I don’t have to go for a yoga lesson or put in so much effort to be the way I am; just a few stretches, drink water and walks

·         Taking about pageant organizers allegedly sleeping with models…in your case was there anything like that…?
No! I don’t think so… when a pageant is fair, there isn’t a need for that, even when it isn’t fair, those that get to be slept with don’t get the crown.

·         What advice would you give to upcoming Models
Stay focused, know what you want, know your worth…most importantly do not be far from God, always remember that we mustn’t always win, so don’t get misled and fall into wrong hands.
·         Thanks for granting us this interview

You are welcome
Share on Google Plus

About TRENDY

Shift from the Memorization of Facts to the Understanding of Principles.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 comments:

  1. I love this beauty Queen. Her carriage in school is worthy of emulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trendy Gist, u too like Models....chooooi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's the person crowning her. is it Anna Akpala?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For more models pictures follow @selfcrush on instagram

    ReplyDelete