“…Yes, My New Job Put Some Sort of Pressure on My Wardrobe” Celebrity Damsel Sika Osei Admits…

 In an exclusive interview, New Face and co-presenter of Studio 53 Extra, Sika Osei opened up on her personal life, style and job. The co-presenter of the popular fashion and lifestyle programme on Africa Magic “Studio 53” explained that being in the public eye; her new job put some sort of pressure on your wardrobe.
Read the interview after the cut…



Ø  How did you get on board Studio 53 Extra
I flew in from Ghana to Lagos for the audition in 2013. A few months later, I got a call from the producing company and Africa Magic that I was chosen to be the next co-host on 53 Extra. I remember asking the lady if this was a prank or to be real. She kept laughing at my genuine surprise. When she finally convinced me that it was for real, I almost passed out with joy! It was a great day!  
Ø  What is it like being a presenter of 53 Extra? Has it impacted your life in anyway
I believe that one of the main reasons why I even have the privilege of being on Allure magazine today and other platforms is because of 53 Extra and the amazing opportunity that it offers. In less than 2 years, it has not only taught me a lot about presenting and also given me a solid foundation to build the ‘Sika Osei’ brand for which I am very grateful.
Ø  Before 53 Extra, what were you doing?
Well, I was in Law School in Ghana studying to get my LL.B (Bachelor of Law) degree whilst simultaneously presenting a show on local terrestrial television.  
Ø  Your bio says you grew up in Lesotho, America and India. How did the culture impact your life?
Each country came with its own experiences. It was a period of constant movement from one country to another, which meant that I made and lost friends very easily. However, it was a great learning experience. It broadened my mind and world view.
The many cultures have given me great adaptive skills useful for wherever I find myself. I have become a citizen of the world because of that.
Ø  What was your big breakthrough?
53 Extra with a doubt!
Ø  What do you love most about your job?
Not to sound sappy or cheesy, I truly love that I have found a job that doesn’t feel like a job but is truly an extension of me and through it. I am getting to inspire other young girls and boys to also follow their passion.
I love getting to meet all the people that we interviewed and the network I continue to build as a result. It is really awesome that I get to share my gift and live my destiny every day.
Ø  What does style mean to you?
Style means freedom and confidence to be who you are through your clothes. So, in effect, style must be comfortable and uniquely you.   
Ø  Being in the public eye, does your new job put some sort of pressure on your wardrobe?

Oh yes, it does. It’s a blessing that we have stylists and designers who graciously allow us to wear their clothes and look beautiful on the red carpet, at events etc. thanks to them all. But in general, there is a higher expectation of you to be a ‘fashionista’ of some sort just because you are a public personality, which not all of us are. So, for me, it’s important to always try and look presentable and classy and not succumb to the pressure.  
Share on Google Plus

About TRENDY

Shift from the Memorization of Facts to the Understanding of Principles.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment